Thursday 19 March 2009

lovely lavender!


these lavender bags are terribly simple to make as there is no sewing involved. i made them with my brownie group on monday night as a mothers day gift and they were a great success.


i chose this lace because i thought it was pretty and i was on a budget since i was spending brownie cash rather than my own. i used a saucer to trace a template on paper, which i then pinned to the fabric and cut out my shapes. the lace was easy to trim and i had to make 18, so i folded over the lace to speed things up. in the pic above there's about a dessertspoon of dried lavender.


you gather up the bag and secure it with an elastic band - as above!




to make things a little prettier, add some ribbon et voila! alright, it's not the finest thing in the world but i like them and hopefully around a dozen mums in aberdeen will too!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea! I actually grow lavender and I'd love to put it to use, I must find out how to dry it this year :)

    ReplyDelete